11th August 2020
As you will be aware, we have been open to some of our children over the last term and we are so pleased to be able to open to everyone from September 2nd 2020! Staff have worked tirelessly to make our Early Years a safe and fun place for children to learn and be cared for. Despite the difficulties we have all faced, I continue to be so proud of all our staff and you at home helping to support your child (ren) and the nation- thank you for this on behalf of everyone at East Street Early Years CIO.
This letter lays out our provisional plans which are subject to government guidelines in September remaining as they are.
Please can I reiterate that the September opening is based that the government guidelines stay as they are and there may need to be further adaptions if and when requested to do so but at this stage the government are saying for settings to be fully open.
In preparing and planning for opening to all, we plan to change a number of our procedures to help protect staff and children and want to reassure you that we are planning to do everything we can to make the setting a fun and safe place for all. These include reference to the guidelines set out which include:
- Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend the setting.
- Clean hands more thoroughly more often than usual.
- Ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- Introduce enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach.
- Minimise contact between individuals and reduce numbers of visitors to the setting (only in special circumstances will adults be allowed into the setting wearing PPE)
- Small learning stations will be set up in each room with toys that are easily wiped down
- Continue to be a staggered drop off and pick up. We are asking all parents/carers to only drop off your child(ren) at the allocated time slot and collect in your slot too. (Time slots are according to start/end of session booked in for). The main entrance from Calder close will be for entrance only. Managers will be out each day to support these times. We ask parents/carers to be mindful of social distancing. There are markers in place to help for potential queuing at drop off/collection times.
- PPE including masks continues to be not recommended for children and staff to wear.
- Personal belonging should be kept in a named bag
- Please provide breakfast, lunch, snacks and tea and a named water bottle daily.
- Aim to walk or scoot/cycle to the setting and avoid public transport.
You can find out more information at: https://www.gov.uk
We have worked really hard at mitigating risks and ensuring that our plans meet not only the guidelines set out by government, but the needs of the children, staff and community.
Nursery fees have recently been reviewed by the board of Trustees fees for the coming year and have tried to keep fee increases as low as possible; however rising costs such as increased wages costs due to an increase in National living wage, heating, lighting and other general inflationary costs have necessitated this increase. However our fees continue to be cheaper than most other providers in our local area.
It has been decided to increase nursery fees from 1st September 2020. We are making you aware of the forthcoming changes to fees now, in order for parents/carers to have sufficient time to make the necessary arrangements regarding funding sources such as Universal Credits.
|Full day 8-6||9-4||Half day 8-1||Half day 1-6||9-12||1-4|
Thank you for your continued support and patience with all the changes we have had to put in place. Please do not hesitate to email or call if you would like to talk to a member of staff.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and take care.
Early Years Manager.