The first few years of your child’s life are when they develop fastest and will learn more than any other time in life. It is at this time that children develop the foundations for lifelong learning. This is just one of the many benefits of early years education.
The East Street Approach
At East Street Early Years, we aim to…
- Provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment for your child
- Provide for each child’s unique needs depending on their age and abilities
- Help your child to build relationships and develop self-esteem and social skills
- Provide exciting learning opportunities that stimulate and interest each child and support their emotional, physical, social and academic needs
- Offer high quality childcare in partnership with parents
To demonstrate this we will:
- Treat people with respect.
- Provide a safe, but stimulating, environment.
- Encourage autonomy and will support children to make positive choices, identify feelings and find appropriate ways of expressing themselves.
- Encourage all to achieve their potential.
- Challenge any inappropriate behaviour.
- Act on any concerns regarding safeguarding.
- Comply with legislation.
- Comply with all safer recruitment processes.
We offer a huge variety of activities to support children’s learning and development, in line with the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage. Find out more about the areas of learning covered by the Early Years Foundation Stage here
Our nursery setting
East Street Early Years is open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 51 weeks per year – we close on Bank Holidays and for approximately one week over the Christmas period. We offer up to 76 places for children aged 3 months to 5 years. Our nursery consists of three rooms, to enable us to provide the best learning environment for your child’s age and stage of development. Each child has a key person, who builds a special relationship to ensure your child has the right care for their own unique needs, and is the main point of contact for parents and carers.
The CUB ROOM caters for babies aged 3 months to three years.
The BEAR ROOM helps to prepare children for their transition to school, and is for children aged 3-5 years.
Meals are an important part of the day. Children eat in family groups with a member of staff and small ‘family’ of children. We encourage a good standard of table manners and behaviour, and praise children for trying foods, without ever forcing them.
Children move from one room to another as they grow older and become developmentally ready to ‘move up’. When your child is ready, provided their is space available, we will discuss with you them ‘moving up’ to the next room. The transition is a gradual process and will involve:
- Children visiting the room they are moving to frequently in the month prior to moving
- Key workers between the rooms liaising to share information and make the transition easier for the child
- When your child reaches school age, we will liaise with their Reception teacher to share information to aid a smooth transition into school
How to apply
The most important thing when choosing a nursery is to pay a visit and see whether you feel the environment is right for you and your child. If you’re interested in visiting East Street Early Years, please call us on 01295 257100 – we would love to show you around, and answer any questions you might have.
- Read our Admissions Policy
- Find out about our session times and prices
- Pre-school funding for 3 years olds and 2 year old funding is available during term time, if your child is eligible – find out more here
- Download our registration pack